Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Recession Summer...What are you doing?...

So far, for those college students who are on break, or even for those who have recently graduated, this "summer" has been rough. The most common concern I've come across was finding a summer job/internship. If you don't have either, this "summer's" weather, hasn't made it any easier. Although I am grateful that I have an internship this summer, it wasn't easy and I feel for those struggling. It isn't easy to even get your average retail job anymore. The recession hit the little people as much as it did the higher ups. Their salaries decreased as ours became nonexistent. However, as much as I appreciate everyone's ambition to work, for money or experience, its disheartening to see people only complaining of boredom, lack of money, etc. We have to make the best of the situation we're given. For college students at least, this summer is 3 months long, if not longer for some, and it would be a waste to do nothing. I say make the most of the time you're given, because during the year, we don't have that luxury. Instead of the television or computer, get out there and have fun.

Some things to do:
Become a tourist; visit all the places you walk by everyday but never go into (i.e. museums, restaurants, stores, etc.)
Go to the gym
Play sports
Go to the beach
Just move...

No comments:

Post a Comment